Ragging is totally prohibited in Bunts Sangha’s Anna Leela College of Commerce & Economics, inside and/or outside the campus and anyone found guilty of ragging and / or abetting ragging whether actively or passively, or being a part of conspiracy to promote ragging, is liable to be punished in accordance with UGC Regulations 2009 as well as under the provisions of any penal law for the time being in force. Bunts Sangha’s Anna Leela College of Commerce & Economics ensures that the congenial and welcoming environment is given to the fresher students. To achieve this objective, Anti-Ragging Committee has been formed by the Institute as per UGC Regulations 2009
What is Ragging?
- Misconduct of any student either in spoken or written form or any action that has the effect of harming others.
- Indulging in undisciplined activities that cause physical or psychological harm or fear or apprehension
- Asking others to do things that they normally will not do and causes a sense of shame or emotional embarrassment.
- Any act that disrupts others academic activity.
- Financial extortion or forceful monetary burden on a fresher or any other student.
- Any act of physical abuse including sexual, homosexual assaults stripping of clothes, forcing obscene lewd acts and gestures causing physical and mental torture.
- Any act of abuse by spoken words, emails, posts, public insults to derive sadistic pleasure.
- Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of any student with or without an intent to derive sadistic pleasure or priority over others.
- To ensure compliance with the provisions of UGC regulations 2009 at the institute level.
- To conduct enquiry in to any incident of ragging and submit report to appropriate authority for necessary action.
- To spread Awareness about ragging.
- Display of a board stating “Prohibition of Ragging” with names & contact details of Anti-Ragging committee
- Audio visual documentaries
- Counseling the students
- AV presentations on Anti Ragging as per UGC guidelines for all the students.
- Anti-Ragging Sensitization programs
- Guest Lecture on ‘Eve-Teasing/Anti-Ragging’
Anti-Ragging Committee (2020-21)
Ms. Aanchal Jain, Convener