BUNTS SANGHA MUMBAI'S
ANNA LEELA COLLEGE OF COMMERCE AND SHOBHA JAYARAM SHETTY COLLEGE FOR BMS
Affilliated to the University of Mumbai
NAAC Accredited 'B' Grade
In compliance with the Supreme Court Judgment and guidelines particularly against sexual harassment of women at work places (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal), Act Sexual Harassment 2013) as per the guidelines of UGC, a Committee against Sexual Harassment Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) / Internal Committee (IC) is reconstituted to provide a healthy and congenial atmosphere to the staff and students of the College.
CONSTITUTION OF INTERNAL COMMITTEE:
Internal Complaint Cell Policy Click here
For any Suggestions/Queries Email us at email@example.com
UGC Guidelines for Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
Download ICC form for Offline Submission
Apply Complaint Online
The Women Development Cell of the college aims to promote gender sensitivity amongst all the stakeholders of the college. The WDC hosts various awareness and interactive programs around the calendar year focusing on gender parity, gender discrimination issues, women empowerment, health and hygiene, self-defense cyber security etc. It aims to promote general wellbeing of female students teaching and non-teaching women staff in the colleges.
VISION: Maintaining and intensifying the status of Women.
MISSION: To create awareness of feminine potential.
CONSTITUTION OF WOMEN DEVELOPMENT CELL:
For any Suggestions/Queries Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. WEBINAR ON REDRESSAL MECHANISM OF SEXUAL HARASSMENTInternal Committee organized a webinar on “Redressal Mechanism of Sexual Harassment” on 8th October 2021 for all the teaching and non-teaching faculties of all four colleges along with the students of Anna Leela College of Higher Education Institutions. This webinar was conducted through Microsoft Teams. The guest speaker was Ms. Gita Chadha, Faculty member of Department of Sociology (University Of Mumbai). The Objective of the webinar is to make the faculties and students aware regarding the sexual harassment of women at workplace and the prevention and redressal of complaints of sexual harassment and the matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
2. SELF DEFENSE WORKSHOPInternal Committee along with WDC organized a Self Defense Workshop for girl students of the college on 26th February 2022. It was conducted by Mr. Harish Waidande, Blackbelt in Karate,National Referee in Coach, National Gold and Asian Silver Medalist in Kickboxing.
3. HEALTH CHECK-UP CAMPOn account of International Women’s Day on 8/3/22, Internal Committee along with WDC organized Cancer screening for teaching and non-teaching ladies staff of all four colleges of HEI and Blood investigation for all teaching and non-teaching male and female staff along with an awareness programme about female cancer for girl students and women teaching and non-teaching staff.
4. FELICITATION PROGRAMME FOR WOMEN COVID WARRIORSInternal Committee along with WDC organized a seminar and felicitation programme for Women Covid Warriors on the occasion of International Women’s Day on 9th March 2022.
5. SEMINAR ON PCOD, HPV AND RELATED HEALTH ISSUESWDC organized a seminar on PCOD, HPV AND RELATED HEALTH ISSUES on 15th December 2021 for girl students of the college. The Speaker was Dr. Sangeeta Shetty.
1. DOCUMENTARY SCREENINGInternal Complaints Committee along with Department of Multimedia and Mass Communication in association with American Library (Dosti House) organized a Documentary Screening “ I am a Girl – Girls around the World” on 11th February 2021 from 12.00 pm to 2.30 pm. The Documentary is about the girls from various parts of the world and the problems faced by them.
2. WHY COVID – 19 IS DIFFERENT FOR MEN AND WOMENInternal Complaints Committee & IQAC in association to Women Against Cyber Crime organized a National Level Webinar For Students , Teachers and Professionals from all domain on “ Why Covid – 19 is different for Men and Women in respect of Economics challenges, Domestic Abuse and Cyber Crime on 23rd July 2020 at 3.00 pm. The speaker was an NGO named WACA Founder, Ms. Vibha Singh.
3. WEBINAR AND POSTER MAKING COMPETITIONThe WDC of the College on account of International Women’s Day on 8th March, 2021 organized a webinar on Domestic Violence. The poster making competition was conducted on the theme challenges faced by Women during lockdown. Posters were uploaded on College Instagram Account.
4. TALK ON NATIONAL GIRL CHILD DAYThe WDC of the college on 25th January 2021 on account of National Girl Child had a small talk on the importance of Educating a girl child by College Assistant Professor Ms. Diti Shah.
1. SELF-DEFENSE WORKSHOPThe WDC of the college on 25th January 2021 on account of National Girl Child had a small talk on the importance of Educating a girl child by College Assistant Professor Ms. Diti Shah.
2. POSTER EXHIBITIONA poster exhibition was organized depicting various social issues and realities. The objective was to not only sensitize but also suggest ways in which they can be restrained. This exhibition was organized on 9th August 2019 in association with BMM department and Anti- Ragging Committee.
3. LGBTQ – AN ELOCUTION COMPETITIONThere is a huge need on sensitizing students regarding the rights of the LGBTQ Community and making them realize that all genders are equal in all aspects. Keeping this in mind ICC organized an elocution competition on the rights of the LGBTQ Community, their struggles.
4. MENTAL HEALTH SEMINARThere is a huge need on sensitizing students regarding the rights of the LGBTQ Community and making them realize that all genders are equal in all aspects. Keeping this in mind ICC organized an elocution competition on the rights of the LGBTQ Community, their struggles.
5. WOMEN HEALTH – HEALTH AND NUTRITIONOn account of international women’s day , a seminar on health and nutrition was organized on 7th March 2020. The speaker was Ms. Priya Karkera, a nutritionist who spoke on healthy living, healthy eating habits, diet, right time to eat the various kinds of food, importance of exercising. Students concerns regarding health and diet too were answered.
1. POSTER COMPETITIONThe ICC in collaboration with Anti ragging committee organized a poster making competition on the theme: Harassment at workplace/educational institutions. The students were required to submit their posters on 12/2/2019 and the display of the same was held on 15/2/2019. The basic aim of such a competition was to sensitize the students on the various ways harassment takes place in campus and its impact on the victim and the importance of being assertive and taking a stand against it. In all 32 posters were received which was displayed on the 5th floor in the open arena. The posters were judged by Mrs. Diti Shah and Mrs. Arti Gavas.
2. WOMEN’S DAY CELEBRATIONThe ICC in collaboration with Anti Ragging Committee on account of Women’s day organized a seminar regarding awareness of Breast Cancer and extempore competition for the female students on 8th March, 2019. The speaker of the event was Dr. Omshree Shetty Extempore, a Molecular Pathologist at Tata Memorial Hospital. She spoke on the causes of breast cancer and prevention of the same. This was followed by extempore competition on the following themes: Dowry system, caste system, Alcohol, cell phones and other social issues.
1. INAUGURATIONThe WDC for the academic year 17-18 was inaugurated on 23rd September, 2017. The inauguration programme was followed by a workshop on self-defense by Harish Waidande, who is a Black Belt 2nd Dan National Gold Medalist in Kickboxing, National Coach, Referee Karate and Kickboxing and his team of 4 trainers. Around 100 girl students participated in this workshop. Article on the workshop was published in lokmanya news network, Maharashtra times
2. WOMEN’S DAY CELEBRATIONWomen’s day was celebrated on the 8th of March, 2018. A seminar on awareness on sexual harassment of organized. Dr Krishna Shetty-Director UKS and Dr. Rosy Alexander, principal, Rizvi Law College were the speakers of the day. 33 Students made posters for the poster competition on the theme Women of wonder. The seminar was attended by around 150 girl and boy students, staff and non-teaching staff members.
1. GUEST TALK ON LAWS & SAFETY FOR WOMENWomen Development Cell had organized inauguration function of its cell and guest talk on Laws & Safety For Women, on 11th August 2016. The function started with welcoming the guest followed by their felicitation and inaugural of the Women Development Cell. The talk was organized for all the girl students of the college. Key note speaker for the talk was Adv. Chetna Birje from Legal Service Clinic with Tata Institute of Social Sciences. The session started with the providing information about the various laws in India for women .The advocate also spoke about the need for men and women to know about the laws and to actually implement the laws. She also spoke about how laws are violated in India or given least importance. Speaker spread awareness about the laws and safety.
2. GUEST TALK ON KNOW YOUR INNERSELFWomen Development Cell had organized a guest talk on KNOW YOUR INNERSELF, on 7th October 2016 at 11:00 am . The function started with welcoming the guest ,Mrs. Lata Jayaram Shetty, Chairperson, Mahila Vibhag ,Bunts Sangha, speaker Mrs. Roselene Kusuma and Mrs. Mini Narayanan followed by their felicitation. The talk was organized for all the girl students of the college. The first speaker provided information about female genital organs and their health and hygiene maintenance. The second speaker spoke about the psychological aspect of topic and how society has some wrong misconceptions about it.
3. POSTER MAKING COMPETITION:As a mark of respect to the great women leaders and the occasion of International Women’s Day celebration a Poster Making Competition based on theme “Women Empowerment” was organized on 8th March 2017 in the college premises, for all girl students. The participants expressed their views and thoughts about the topic by writing slogans and quotes and wonderful drawing creativity. One could see and feel the enthusiasm that the students had in their presentation. This activity was organized to explore and encourage creativity in them as well as know the depth of awareness among the girl students and offer them a platform to showcase their skills. It inspired them to think and work creatively in order to promote artistic excellence. 26 Girls participated earnestly in the competition. They came up with amazing creativity. Their efforts and initiative was appreciated by one and all.
1. “MERI BETI PYARI BETI ABHIYAN” BY “MERI BETI PYARI BETI ABHIYAN”Mr.Raj Bhanushali, Mr. Pratik Kundar and Mr. Kaushal Mhatre bagged 1st prize for “Meri Beti Pyari Beti Abhiyan” competition held in M D College, Parel from 28th Jan to 30th Jan 2016.
2. GUEST TALK ON HORMONAL IMBALANCE IN WOMEN AND PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES TO PREVENT THYROID BY MR. SHARAD NAIK**Women Development Cell organized a guest talk on “Hormonal Imbalance in Women and Precautionary Measures to prevent Thyroid” on 15th February 2016 by Mr. Sharad Naik from Unicare Naturopathy Center, Panchvati for teaching and nonteaching staff. In this session Mr. Sharad provided insights about way of cooking and how nutrients of food are lost due to wrong cooking methodologies. He also spoke about the various medicinal herbs which are readily available. Those help in boosting day to day energy requirement of an individual. He gave simple daily health care tips.